Origin: Unnan, Shimane
Cultivation: Shaded 22 days
Net weight: 2.82 oz / 80 g
Style: Loose-leaf (curled leaves)
Producer: Fujihara Tea Growers
Organic Certification: 17A－0005 / 17J－0002 certified by Shimane Organic Agriculture Association Japan
Color: Bright green
Aroma: Young leaves
Farmer’s Recommended way to brew for 1 cup:
-Leaf amount: 1.5 heaping teaspoon
-Water temperature: 80 c / 176 F
-Water amount/cup: little more than half-cup ( 140 cc / 5 fl oz)
-Infusion time: 1 – 1.5 min.
1. Use soft water
2. Boil water for 5 min. to take out air and chlorine
3. Adjust water temperature (transfer the water from one teaware to another (ex. teapot to cup) is a quick way to cool down the water temperature. For this tea, transfer twice.)
4. Put 1.5 heaping teaspoon leaves into a teapot
5. Pour the adjusted temperature water into the teapot (little more than half a cup of water for 1 person) and put a lid on the teapot
6. Wait 1 – 1.5 min.
7. Pour the liquid from teapot into cup to the last drop
For 2nd brew, use hot water and take less than 30 sec. to brew.